The number of impurities or minerals in the Mercury rite are inherently poison, vhini, and mal – these 3 doshas reside naturally. Consumption of mercury containing these doshas leads to death, sorrow and unconsciousness respectively. Mercury, glass and Vang – these doshas are compound, meaning that these doshas originate in mercury from the mine or business people mix these two metals in mercury. Consumption of mercury containing these doshas produces sensible and leprosy. In addition, there are secondary doshas. They originate from land, mountains and water.
Kanchuk doshas originating from translucent land cause leprosy. Mountainous, water-borne birth defects, cataracts, vatatadhi and glass and vang dosha produce many types of diseases, therefore, to get rid these defects, mercury should be purified by octal.
Number of Mercury rituals:-
In rasratnsamuchyadi texts, there are descriptions of 18 rites of Mercury. But the author of the scriptures, Rudraymal etc. is of the opinion that for Dehisidhhi(Physical use), only eight rituals should be performed by the practitioners of Mercury. The remaining 10 sanskars are used in Swaradi (chemistry, iron accomplishment) work. Therefore, we will also mention eight sanskars here as:
1. Svade, 2. Mardan, 3. Murchchhan, 4. Utthapan, 5. Patan (upliftment, sublimation, obliquation), 6. Bohdan, 7. Niyaman and 8. Revelation.
Many methods of these sanskar are described in Rasasastra. Among those which can be done easily by all people, we are giving such a method here.
- Savedan (sved) rites:- Take Sixteenth part of the mercury for the sacrament, each with dry ginger, peepal, chilli, rock salt, rye and chitrak, finely crush them all by crushing them, then dissolve the above powder and mercury in the kharal with the juice of radish and dry ginger. Even it is necessary to make a ball. Then put the shells in four strong hygienic cloths, tie the bundle and hang this sphere (in a dola machine) in a clay-filled earthenware and climb it on the stove and savedan for three days. If the Kanji is reduced, then put it again, after sweeping, wash and separate the mercury with hot kanji. Keep in mind, the bundle should be in the middle of the kanji and only above the bottom of the handi and the handi should be wide-mouth, so that the bundle should come easily in it. Since the pot in large, the belly of the handi should also be large. Benefit of the Savedan rituals:- According to scriptures of Ras system, Bhavaprakash etc. By the Svayan-sanskar, the defects of mercury are relaxed, the laxity goes away and mercury becomes intense.
- Mardan rites:- Sour the sixteenth part of the mercury from the rites mercury and separate the powder (house smoke, brick powder, curd, jaggery, rock salt and rye) each with a powder. Then put the powder and liquid in the mortar with the powder and after three days, wash the pan with hot kanji and separate it. Benefit of the Mardan rituals:- The outer stool of mercury is destroyed and purified by the Mardan sanskar.
- Murchchhan rites:- Pouring mercury with Triphala and Chitrakamul powder with each shodshansh of powder, soaking it for 7 days in the tone of Aloe Vera, destroys mal-dosha, agni-dosha, toxin-dosha, thus mercury can be used simultaneously and separately for all the above mentioned liquids, Scavenging becomes a ritual of separation. Benefit of the Murchchhan rituals:- Stool and poison of mercury are destroyed by murchchhan rites. Mercury the glutinous liquids etc. in four folded cloth and tie them with a strong string or strip. Now take a handkerchief or pan. Fill half the written quath or sawras etc. in it and put a strong wooden or iron ban in the neck of the pan one by one on both sides. Now tie the pot of this medicine properly in the middle of this wooden or stick and hang it in bottom. Put this pot on the stove (fire) and cook it. The device made with this method is called “Dola Yantra”. In the Dola Yantra, if you want to smell a liquid object like mercury, then do not put it the empty cloth, put it like mercury, then do not put in the first bhojpatra, then put it in a cloth and make a pottli. Pottli fluid should be hung is such a way that the liquid of the pot remains half above and half below the vessel. In this way, as the fluid decreases, the pottle should also be loosened, when the liquid part becomes dry then the pudley should be removed. Many Vaidyas make a law to put a bottle or lid of the pot on the mouth of the hand to deliver pottali properly. This makes the savedan is better.
- Utthapan rites:- From the above sculpture ritual, Mercury becomes Pishti. Therefore, it should be utthapan to bring it back in its tone. This utthapan is performed in many ways. As: 1. Put the decayed parsha in the mortar by sculpting it and shove it with the kanji for one hour in strong sunlight, then when dry well, grind it like powder and filter it with hot water and wash it with warm water. 2. Put the spoiled mercury in the mortar and garnish it with the juice of Jambiri lemon for three hours in the sunlight and filter it with a cloth and wash it with warm water. This causes the rise of Mercury. Statement: After filtering with cloth, separate the powder which is separated from the powder, keep it aside and mix the powder in the form of fine particles in the powder by blowing it upwardly by separating it and then separating it, bringing it into the mercury and keeping it with hot water.
- Patan rites:- In kharl, put the hoarded mercury three parts and one part of Tamr powder, then both make a circle by milling them till the lime juice is able to be formed. If the sphere is not fromed, add a little bit of pure gum and rub it, it will surely becomes a sphere. Put the sphere in the pot and keep the mouth of the two pots closed with multani mitti and dry it by placing the second equally wide pivot on the mouth of the pot. Soil should also be applied in the outer subdivision(Pendi) of the hadica (handi) below. Then, put this damaru yantra on the stove and light it with three strikes mid-fire. Fill cold water in a vessel nearby. Soak 4 fallen clothes in it and keep changing it again and again to bring coolness to the upper pendulum. In this way, the mercury blows from the bottom and sticks as small particles in the inner part of the upper caldron. After disguise, gently remove the machine, open its joint, clean the upper mercury with brush, then filter it with a clean cloth.
- Bodhan (Inspiration) rites:- In the same way, the Sanskrit mercury becomes powerless due to the Sdhena, Mardan, Utthapan and Patan rites, so this Bodhan Sanskar is done to bring strength back to it. As: Put the mercury in a caldron and cover it with sandhavan salt, mixed with lemon juice, and put some water on the mouth and close the mouth and apply the sand, Later, by placing it in pit on the top of it equal to the land, giving it a small shape becomes “Bodhan Sanskar” and mercury becomes full of power. Other method: Applying banquet to a thick cloth of four folds, making a pot of mercury in it and smearing sand salt mixed with water in a Dola Yantra also helps in deciphering of Mercury.
- Niyaman rites:- The Bodhan Samskara performs the “Niyaman rites” to remove the versatility of the mighty mercury. Its purpose is only to remove the versatility of mercury and fire. For this : Sraddhi, Tamarind, sterile, kakoda, bhangra, dhatura and nagarmotha with a syllable or boiling of a day, eliminates mercury agility and makes Mercury agnasti, such is the view of chemicals. Statement: The Decoction of medicine like Sarpakshi etc. should be taken sixteen times from Mercury.
- Deepan Sanskar:- Mercury gets sedated by two Tola instruments from kanji and chitrakamul decoction for three days. The rite increases the strength of the mercury. Statement: After doing the Deepan Sanskar, by flipping the Mercury a week in jambiri or kagji lemon juice. By keeping it, its gets better, this is our experience.