1. Avoid excess alcohol Check out yesterday’s post to learn more about the Ayurvedic perspective on Alcohol.
2. Stay well hydrated! We love coconut water or diluted pomegranate juice
3. If you consume alcohol, stay out of the sun (Don’t drink at the beach)!
4. Don’t drink on an empty stomach.
5. Don’t drink if you feel weak and tired
6. Keep cool by sprinkling water or spraying rose water mist on your face
7. Wear light clothing (linen or cotton).
8. Wear cooling gems (such as rose quartz, Aquamarine, Sapphire and pearls)
9. Practice Nasya (nasal oil application) with bhringaradi oil or brahmi ghee
10. Try a lassi drink. Blend 1 tablespoon of fresh yoghurt with a cup of water and a pinch of cumin powder. Drink this 3-4 x daily, this will help to prevent dehydration and soothes a burning stomach
Hangover recipe by Dr Vasant Lad
Drink a glass of water with about 1 tsp of lime juice, 1/2 tsp of sugar and a pinch of salt added. Just before drinking add 1/2 tsp of baking soda. This will immediately take care of pitta aggravation and you will feel much better.
Ayurveda believes in the concept of eliminating the causative factors of poor health (Nidana parivarjana). So if we are aware of the negatives of alcohol, it is best to be avoided.
If you are suffering from addictions or would like some help in promoting a Sattvic lifestyle please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0406810547
With love from Lakshmi Ayurveda, we wish you a healthy festive season
#ayurveda #summertips #festiveseasontips #ayurvedablog #lakshmiayurveda #pitta #calmpitta #relax #avoidalcohol #nasya #lassi #rosewater #pearls #hydration #tipsforsummer #stayhealthy #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedafremantle #fremantle
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.