Whether serving for breakfast or after a hard workout, this “I-can’t-believe-it-has-greens” frosty smoothie hits all the nutritional and flavour high points. Yes, it does taste like dessert in a glass. If your dates are dry or stiff, it’s recommended to soak them in warm water for a few minutes before blending. If you want to go big on protein, you can blend in some of your favourite protein powder.
- 1 cup milk or unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 Brazil nut
- 1 cup baby kale or baby spinach
- 1 pitted Medjool date or 2 regular pitted dates
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 frozen banana, chopped
In blender, place all ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- sat. fat8 g
- sugars37 g
- fibre14 g