It really is important to get on top of it and treat the underlying cause. Read more below for some of the causative factors for a cough mentioned in the classical text.
Ayurveda has mentioned a variety of causative factors for Kasa (cough). Try to eliminate those causes mentioned by Charaka Samhita Ch 18:24.
1. Inhalation of dust or smoke
2. Excess physical exercise or lifting heavy load
3. Intake of dried food items
4. Accidental entry of food into the respiratory tract
5. Suppression of natural urges especially sneezing
6. Intake of sharp, acidic or alkaline food such as mustard and pepper
7. Anger and excess worry
8. Direct sunlight or heat for a prolonged time
9. Intake of acidic, heavy, sticky and oozing food items
10. Intake of chilled beverages
11. Prolonged fasting
12. Intake of incompatible food items
13. Physical injury
14. Day time sleep
15. Overeating in a state of indigestion
16. A complication of the common cold
17. External due to parasites (bacterial and viral).
If you suffer from bronchitis, asthma, cough, cold, indigestion or feeling run down our Lakshmi made Guda Ardrakam (Ginger Jam) might be very beneficial for you. Our freshly made ginger jam (lehyam) is available in the Lakshmi store from Monday. Made with fresh ginger juice and the finest herbs and spices.
If you have tried some Ayurvedic remedies for a cough and cold we would like to hear, comment below.
We wish you a healthy and a cough and cold free Sunday.
With Love Karin and the Lakshmi team.
We look forward hearing from you – email: email@example.com
#ginger #gingerjam #cough #asthma #cold #flu #bronchitis #naturalcure #ayurvedicmedicine #herbs #spices #Kasa #shwasa #shortnessofbreath #yoga #yogatherapy #gudaardrakam #classicalayurveda #charaka #ayurvedaacademy #lakshmi #ayurvedaaustralia #ayurvedicconsultation #health #tulsi #honey #fremantle #westernaustralia #lakshmiayurveda
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴